Resources for Student Success
Use this guide to
- learn about the research process
- find books, ebooks, videos, and journals relevant to college skills
- search databases for success-related topics
- locate and evaluate relevant websites
- get help from a librarian
GCSC faculty, staff, and students have access to more than 100 online database subscriptions containing mostly full text articles. These are available 24 hours, seven days a week.
When the login screen appears (see below for example), use your GCSC ID as your Borrower ID. Your PIN/Password is your birthday in MMDD format.
If you do not remember your PIN/Password, you can use the link provided on the login screen to reset it.
Resources and Services
Working with a librarian, students can learn to evaluate information and to synthesize that information into their projects and papers.
Instruction sessions and research consultations are available upon request to assist with research methods, database strategies, and evaluating case studies, literature reviews, and research critiques.